Thursday, July 13, 2023

Litany of Resignation to the Will of God

Litany of Resignation to the Will of God
℣. Lord, have mercy on me,
℟. Christ, have mercy on me.

℣. Lord, have mercy on me. Jesus, hear me.
℟. Jesus, graciously hear me.

℣. God the Father, Who has created me,
℟. Hallowed be Your Will.

℣. God the Son, Who has redeemed me,
℟. Not my will but Your Will be done.

℣. God the Holy Spirit, Who offers me sanctification,
℟. Make the Holy Will of God be holy to me. 

℣. You alone O Lord, are all-knowing of what has been, of what is now and of what will yet be,
℟. Have mercy on me and keep my past, my present and my future in Your perfect will.

℣. You alone, O Lord, govern and guide all things,
℟. Have mercy on me and guide me by the governance of Your Holy Will.

℣. God, You who, according to Your inscrutable designs, does effect all things in a wonderful manner,
℟. Have mercy on me.

℣. You alone, O Lord, allow evil only in order to serve and strengthen the salvation of those who believe and those yet to believe.
℟. Have mercy on us and save us all by Your holy will.

℣. In all things and through all things,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all situations and circumstances,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all graces and disgraces,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In my state in life and in my ministry,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all my thoughts, attitudes, desires and actions, 
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In health and in strength,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In sickness and in weakness,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In my body and in my soul,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In my life, in my living  and in my death,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all men and all angels,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all creatures,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. In all parts of the earth,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. At all times,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. For all eternity, 
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Though my weak nature complains,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Though my sinful nature shall be tempted,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Though the world shall by its pleasures and promises entice me,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Though it may require the loss of myself and earthly satisfaction,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Solely and only through Your love for me and by my love for You,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℟. Because You alone are God - Father Son and Holy Spirit,
℟. I ask You, I pray You, I implore You, Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℟. Because You alone are eternal, all-knowing, unchanging and omnipresent,
℟. I ask You, I pray You, I implore You, Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℟. Because Your Will is always holy, loving, good, just, merciful, gracious, noble and true,
℟. I ask You, I pray You, I implore You, Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Because You are Infinite Perfection, I proclaim with all the saints in Heaven, and with the Blessed Virgin Mary,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. I pray as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane,
℟. Your Holy Will be done, O Lord, my God.

℣. Let Us Pray.
Grant me Your grace, O Father, that perfect resignation to Your Holy Will may be with me, and labor with me, and continue with me to the end. Grant me always to desire and to will that which is most acceptable to You and which pleases You best. Let Your Will be mine, and let my will always follow Yours and agree perfectly with it.

℟. Amen.

℣. Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

℟. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

℣. May the most amiable will of God be done in all things.
May it be praised and magnified forever!

℟.  Amen.